12 October 2012

BLOG HOP: The Next Big Thing - WEEK 16

BLOG HOPS


Next Big Thing-Week 16

Many thanks to the lovely Heidi Ruby Miller for tagging me! Make sure you check out her post. While you're at it, check out John Edward Lawson's and Jessica McHugh's!


Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

What is the working title of your book? THE REVELATIONS OF PRESTON BLACK

Where did the idea come from for the book? It's a sequel to THE DEVIL AND PRESTON BLACK so I kind of wanted to see a 'further adventures of Katy and Preston' sort of thing. I'd always wanted to try a 'Southern' novel, and since I'm not Southern had to have a POV character that was an outsider. There's so much great culture and iconography that isn't stereotypical, and I wanted to tap into that.  

What genre does your book fall under? It's horror/dark fiction. 

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?








Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Preston Black.







Katie Holmes as Katy Stefanic.






 James Franco as Pauly Pallini.






Mila Kunis as Danicka Prochazka.





What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Better the devil you know than the one you don't. A trip through the Bible Belt tests Preston and Katy's faith. Preston decides he'll do anything to get her back, even though he doesn't fully know what that means. 

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? The book will be published by Raw Dog Screaming Press.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? About six months.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Neil Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS. Maybe Matt Bondurant's THE WETTEST COUNTY IN THE WORLD with a little less violence and a little more magic. 

Who or What inspired you to write this book? This book was inspired by a desire to move the story forward. I had so much fun with the original, I knew there had to be more. And I was right. 

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? Another trip to the crossroads (or two,) snake handlers, 'hellhounds on my trail,' John Lennon, Prague, hoodoo and hot-foot powder, red-eye gravy and biscuits, hot amps, screaming fans. And a little blood. 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your casting! I can't wait to read this, Jason.

    Sounds scarier than the first PRESTON...and maybe even scarier than HELLBENDER...yay!

    :) Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi!

      Still a bit curious to see how this turns out myself.

      Delete
  2. "Better the devil you know than the one you don't" is a cool summary of a book, and pretty good life advice! The book sounds cool, and since I like all things Gaiman, I imagine I'd like it, too. BTW, I was tagged for TNBT blog hop by Jennifer Allis Provost who also tagged Heidi Ruby Miller. I found you by blog hopping :-)

    ReplyDelete